HP 14-b109wm screen no boot problem

Belthor

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
Okay so my problem is I have this HP sleekbook touchscreen its model is 14-b109wm, and the screen is completely broken I can't see anything on it, sobi plugged in my 50" TV via HDMI and tried to boot it up, unfortunately the screen would never come on no matter how many times I tried pressing the win + P and fn + f4 combinations. So I pressed the power button, unusually so it turned right off like it was stuck on boot. So I took the hard drive out and put it in another computer which indeed it booted up to a black screen with blinking cursor like there was no os. So I decided to install Windows 7 and it worked so I took out the hard drive out it back in my laptop and same issue it won't boot up and I can't see anything on external. Also I removed the stock laptop screen completely unplugging it is there anything I can do to get this to work? I am stumped

Hi,

When you unplugged the built in screen from the laptop and connect the external monitor did it display anything? It should already work as it's main display when you unplugged the actual built in display and you would see anything that it's suppose to display even the boot up or any error message prior from booting up. If this is not happening it can be a problem with the motherboard then if it's not powering on. But do also try another AC adapter with your laptop just to test if it would power your laptop. Worst case if the motherboard might had been damaged as well that's why it's not booting up.

Belthor

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015

Yes its getting power, i have my tv plugged in via hdmi, and its just not showing anything on the screen not even boot. only thing that happened to the laptop was the screen got broken before that everything was fine. when I press the power button after it is on it shuts off immediately