hp 14-R220TX core i3 5th gen so slow

sharon1214

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
Been suffering using this laptop since i bought it in April this year! I haven't done or finished my homebased task ever whenever I transfer from my pc dual core (which works 10x better) than this crap!

I am paying this on installment and it's like im paying for nothing. It can only handle facebook ,you tube and simple browsing but when it comes it my work where I use large google excel files, and google mail with thousand emails, it hang or does not respond. I can't get anything done and it defeat the purpose of me buying it (so i can work inside my room coz my pc is outside my room).

Please help!

Specs:
Core i3 5010U
2.1 GHZ
64-Bit
2gb

My friend asked me to expand the memory by buying memory card. Would this really help my laptop work fast on large files?

Solution
Another stick of RAM (taking it up to 4 or 6GB) would help.

I am more concerned that you might have a virus or malware that is slowing the machine down a lot .. .as it is effectively using all of your system resources.

Make sure you have an antivirus and anti-malware program installed on your machine first.

Another stick of RAM (taking it up to 4 or 6GB) would help.

I am more concerned that you might have a virus or malware that is slowing the machine down a lot .. .as it is effectively using all of your system resources.

Make sure you have an antivirus and anti-malware program installed on your machine first.

Solution

illcrx

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Ok so first off whenever you buy a laptop the first thing is to remove ALL of the bloatware from it, go to Uninstall a program and remove anything that isnt microsoft or hardware related and obvious things. If you have chrome you wouldnt uninstall chrome. But anything HP anything other than hardware ditch it. You are likely being bogged down by bloatware. Also if your unhappy just send it back! You can return items especially if you are making payments. By the way always pay Cash never payments for anything, dont be slave to debt!

Also remove any antivirus software "What will I do without antivirus, what if I catch something?" You are probably saying. First off know where you are downloading from. When you are installing software go through the options and dont ever let it install 3rd party items for you! Also you are going to install AVG when you are done. Install Malwarebytes after you uninstall everything off of your laptop, I did this for a friend on Saturday and it took 45 mins to get rid of everything but her computer improved by 500% speedwise!

Its worth going through it and if your unsure about a program google it and see if its related to hardware. Also when you get AVG up and going turn off real time scanning, your small i3 doesnt have the juice to run that and for you to do what you want so just dont let it scan, you can set it to scan every week or so. Also run Malwarebytes at the same time.

Your ram is low also. At least 4GB windows 8 takes up that 2 gb if your running 64 bit which you are.