HP 2000 Bootmgr missing

vickyl702

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
Two weeks ago, my laptop died. An hour later, I went to charge it and turn it back on. It gave me an error that Windows couldnt start up. I did the Repair/Start Windows Normally- still nothing. After awhile, it gave me a different error. I went to try and repair again and after some time, it said Boot Partition Not Found. I kept trying and trying. I gave up and wait a few days. It started up but VERY slow. It was lagging a lot. I figured everything was okay and shut it off and restarted. I got the error again. Since then, nothing works. I received Recovery disks from HP previously. I tried restoring the laptop to factory. It did it but now when I turn the laptop on, it says BOOT MGR MISSING, PRESS ALT DEL TO CONTINUE. I tried looking it up and everything says to try to Operating Disk but I dont have one (Windows 7). I did find one for my stepfathers pc- Vista. It loads it after pressing F9. I selected Repair but it gives me errors. I tried Restoring to Previous Point and it wont let me. Ive tried everything and nothing will work. My warranty just ran out and I really need my laptop. I'm hesitant to try too much on it to not cause more damage.

Please help me out. I use my laptop on a daily basis. I cant afford to take it somewhere professional to get it analyzed and fixed so Im hoping this is something that I can fix.