Solved! HP 8770w lcd not working

Jul 5, 2019
Hi, I have a problem with my HP 8770W. Specs
I7 3630qm
4x4gb ddr3
250gb ssd
1tb hdd
Nvidia quadro K3000m
The problem is with lcd, laptop was working fine until One time I turned it on lcd lighted up, but screen shows nothing.
What did I tried is :
I put in another display, 15.6 full HD into my 8770w and it worked fine with this display .

I tried my 8770w 17.3 full hd display in another laptop, it worked fine.

I checked video card in another laptop, it was working fine.

So I cant understand what is The problem, it was working fine all the time, this very confusing, im working with laptop fixing 4years, but this problem which never happened for me before. I hope someone will help me to solve this problem, thankyou.

Solution
If it is fine on another display, connected to the device using the same cable, then the display could be only partially damaged. Perhaps the connections or another component. Or the GPU is going bad. Without having it tested or changing out the display, there is no way to know for sure.
If it is fine on another display, connected to the device using the same cable, then the display could be only partially damaged. Perhaps the connections or another component. Or the GPU is going bad. Without having it tested or changing out the display, there is no way to know for sure.

Solution
Jul 5, 2019

Thankyou for answer. Like I said at first, I also tried 8770w lcd on another laptop, its working fine, ive tested gpu on another laptop also, it is working fine. But when I Put in lcd from another laptop into 8770w it is working. I have no idea why it can not work.

Jul 5, 2019
I must have missed something here. Are you saying you can't get a different display, not the laptops original display, to work on this laptop? Or is it actually the original display?
Another displays is working, except original One, but The original One is fully working but in another laptop

OK. So the original display for that laptop is black when used on that laptop, but it shows when used on another laptop? That another display, from a different laptop, shows on the original? Not talking monitors at all here, just displays, correct?

If this is correct, when you swap displays are you also swapping cables?