HP dv9910 issue with battery

nopans

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Well this one has got me puzzled. I just replaced a motherboard in a HP dv9910us and it will not boot with battery power alone but will boot up with battery installed and AC adapter plugged into it!? Once it boots, you can unplug the AC adapter and it will run off battery power just fine but will not shut down completely with battery in. You have to take the battery out for the laptop to shut down completely. If you then put the battery back in the led battery charging indicator blinks continuously with the laptop powered down and the battery in/no AC adapter. Tried several different batteries with the same outcome. Go figure.

The led charging indicator blinks continuously with the battery in and the battery status icon on the taskbar says 0% available, plugged in, charging but the indicator never shows more than 0%. It is charging but not being acknowledged for a reason I cannot figure out.

I have uninstalled it from the device manager and re-installed it and it is still the same.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks