hp elitebook 8460p stuck in a bootloop

Apr 13, 2018
Hi guys, I'm new here and don't know much about all this but here's the thing:
Couple nights ago my laptop shutdown because it ran out of battery charge while I was hurrying to get the charger in, it kinda shutdown at the same time I plugged the charger. From then it wouldn't boot up at all, it only gives me the hp logo on the center, press esc to access the bios on the bottom left and the battery state in the bottom right. Then it goes blank and repeats time and time again.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Solution
Something is not passing POST, it sounds like. Try an NVRAM reset: Remove the charger and the battery, then hold the power button down for 5 seconds. Reconnect the charger or battery (or both) after that, and fire it up again.

If that doesn't work, enter the BIOS setup and see if your hard drive shows up anywhere. A failing drive can cause behavior like this.
Something is not passing POST, it sounds like. Try an NVRAM reset: Remove the charger and the battery, then hold the power button down for 5 seconds. Reconnect the charger or battery (or both) after that, and fire it up again.

If that doesn't work, enter the BIOS setup and see if your hard drive shows up anywhere. A failing drive can cause behavior like this.

Solution