Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Webcam driver.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do also install the webcam software and see if you can adjust some settings from it.
- Here's the link: http/ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65795.exe
- If the same problem will persist that could only mean that the webcam is already faulty.
- Last troubleshooting you can try is to reinstall Windows itself.