HP ENVY 15z-j100 Notebook OR HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition PC

nishassaif

Estimable
May 12, 2014
Hi Folks,

Need an opinion as I am planning to get a laptop.
Purpose of laptop : Basic uses and Good Gaming Experience
Budget : 700 US Dollars

After doing a lot of research, I have shortlisted two laptops in HP:

One is HP ENVY 15z-j100 Notebook which is a Windows 8.1/AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor / 2GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Discrete / 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) / 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive. This laptop is a non-customizable one.

- Windows 8.1 64 Processor
- AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processo Graphics
- 2GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Discrete Memory
- 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Cost of the above laptop is 700 USD

Other laptop is an HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition PC with
• Windows 8.1 64
• 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
• NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
• 1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive

Cost of the above is 785 USD after customisation:

This laptop comes with a customize option and I have customised to the above mentioned GeForce® 840M graphics card and 1 TB Hybrid Hard Disk.

Please give opinions on which to go for.

Also I understand we get laptops without the OS pre installed in it. Please advice on that regard as well on how can I get one without on OS because I already have a licensed version of Windows7 with me.

Appreciate early response. Thanks

nishassaif

Estimable
May 12, 2014
Thanks laviniuc. So in your opinion this price is cheap ha. Ok Thanks. Also, is there any other better laptops in the market with the given configurations but within the budget? Got opinions saying that, If buying a laptop, it should be an HP or Dell, since its durable, long lasting and better performance.

anacebuyer

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Just received my own HP Envy 15t-j100 quad edition, and yes, the price was awesome. BUT, I'm chagrined to find some real lapses. e.g., there are NO customer access panels on the back of this laptop! Other than the battery removal toggles, there's just a mass of screws to remove. I can only hope that will give me access to the memory upgrade area and, hopefully, I'll also find the second SSD area waiting to be tapped. What a shock; HP's manual and web site do not acknowledge this even exists. Also am having wild Windows 8.1 problems with ALL of my external HHDs, up to 3TB. 8.1 will NOT display the disk in Explorer, even though the Eject utility sees it is there. Man, oh man, this is not looking promising. Did you purchase this laptop and, if so, did you get a different configuration? If not, you may want to reconsider the 15t-j100 Quad Edition...