Mar 2, 2018
Hello everyone,i just wanna know your opinions about this laptop,is it good for gaming,it has good GPU but what is about the CPU.This are his specs:

CPU- i7-4510U
GPU- GTX 850M 4GB
RAM-8GB
HDD-500GB

Later i can put more RAM and put SSD in it????THANKS :)

Solution
The CPU is fine, but the system is several generations old, the video card is not what anyone would call "good for gaming", especially with newer games.

Yes an SSD is fine to use, more RAM won't help much in. I would not buy that system now unless you know exactly what you are getting and what it can do.
The CPU is fine, but the system is several generations old, the video card is not what anyone would call "good for gaming", especially with newer games.

Yes an SSD is fine to use, more RAM won't help much in. I would not buy that system now unless you know exactly what you are getting and what it can do.

Solution
Mar 2, 2018

Yep but i think it is still better then this config.
Intel i7 4700MQ 2.4GHz
8GB RAM DDR3
750GB HDD
INTEL HD 4600 + NVidia GeForce 750M 2GB
yep CPU is better but the GPU far away from gtx850m
or this GTX850m better then GEFORCE 940m or 950m........

Well, yes it would be better than an even older one, but you can do that going back forever LOL

The point is, is it a "good for gaming" system now, no, not really. It is OK if you don't mind playing newer games with lag at lower settings or games from the time that system came out. The 850M was on the low side of mid-range card when it came out and it's two generations old, which makes it a low end card today, and you can't upgrade it, so it will stay the same slowness in the future as games become more demanding.

If that is all you can afford, then it's fine to get, it's not horrible, but it's not "good".