HP external Vga doesn't work

orsobubu

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I have an old Pavilion Dv6195ea notebook (win XP) and tried for the first time to connect an external monitor to Vga connector: it gets a signal but the monitor stays black. This monitor works well with other notebooks. Is there any settings I have to verify?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Make sure, on your laptop, that you press the appropriate function key to enable external video (usually has 3 settings, internal only, external only, or both internal/external simultaneously).

Also, on some systems, you can disable the external connection in the BIOS. Check that if pressing the function key doesn't solve the problem.

Good luck!

orsobubu

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Thank you very much, COLGeek, I didn't know those functions, I checked them and found that the notebook probably has a broken VGA port; the functions works well on other systems, anyway. BIOS is very tiny with almost no options. Thankyou from Milan, Italy!

orsobubu

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Thank you very much, COLGeek, I didn't know those functions, I checked them and found that the notebook probably has a broken VGA port; the functions works well on other systems, anyway. BIOS is very tiny with almost no options. Thankyou from Milan, Italy!