HP G42-465Tu laptop or Dell Inspiron 14 series laptop - which is better?

saravananskl

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Shall I buy HP G42-465Tu laptop? How is the performance of this laptop when compard Dell Inspiron 14 series?
If anybody knows the answer, pl help me in listing out the Plus and Minus of HP G42 series laptop. Now a days, Dell comes with n number of problems, my friends told.

saravananskl

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Both are of the same specs. Processor is Core-i3 380& 390. HP gives 4Gb of Ram but Dell provides 2GB. Hard Disk is 500 with 5400 for both. HP is having HDMI but Dell is not. Rest of all the specs are the same for these two. Money wise also, not much difference.

The extra 2gb of RAM in the HP will allow for a little bit better performance over the Dell. The addition of HDMI is a plus too, but only if you plan on using it. Both Dell and HP are known for having quality issues (as are most OEMs). Just take your pick based on which you like more and in this case, the HP will be slightly faster.

graile

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012

>>>don't...i bought one and it's motherboard only lasted for a year even with the most proper care...better try other brands but not HP