cellblokwlamp

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
So i have had this laptop for a few years, all has been good until recently.

Lately i have been having a ton of issues sometimes the number 7 key is read as stuck on and will display '7' over and over again until i press backspace and sometimes it continues a little later,
i also have been getting a constant beep code (just one beep over and over)i hear the HDD spin up, but the OS (windows 7) doesnt load. and just recently the track pad doesnt register but an external mouse does. this happens some of the time my guess is about half or a little geater than half of the time i start it up.

i looked at the internals and nothing appears out of place, the ram is in there and secure.

its a HP Pavllion G6-2123US. if you need more info, i will try to get it to you. it used to work fine until about 3-5 days ago.

i really dont want to factory reset it, as the windows sticker with the info on it peeled off and i forgot where i put it.

Solution
Wow - that's some crazy stuff you have going on. Have you started it up in 'safe mode' to see if that stuff still happens? If you can get to windows, it might be worth trying a 'system restore' back to a time when you know everything was working well.

robert600

Distinguished
Wow - that's some crazy stuff you have going on. Have you started it up in 'safe mode' to see if that stuff still happens? If you can get to windows, it might be worth trying a 'system restore' back to a time when you know everything was working well.

Solution