HP Laptop Battery Protection Circuit Tripped

Alloy25

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
Hello everyone. I have a problem that has me stumped.

I bought a new in box laptop recently (Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b010us), but the manufactue date was in 2012. Looks like the battery protection circuit has tripped

It's a VK04 battery. Part number from service manual: 695192-001

The laptop battery light blinks white (The battery has reached a low battery level). Tried charging the battery in the laptop for several days. Tried running battery test multiple times. Sometimes it says no battery installed, and others that the battery needs calibrating. Battery recalibration runs for about 10 seconds and goes back to the Hardware Diagnostics UEFI screen.

Went to Batteries Plus but they don't have a replacement battery for this model. Which means they don't know which connector to use to plug it into their battery analyzer.

Are there any other ways to Wake Up or Boost the battery so it can be recharged?

I've been trying to find a pinout for the battery connectors. Found it for other models, but not this one. I've tried HP but most questions of this type go unanswered. Didn't find any information in the Service Manual.

Anyone have an idea is this battery pinout is identical to other HPs? Batteries Plus said if they can get the model number of a battery with identical pinouts, they can test/boost the battery. They won't test because they are worried it may destroy the battery.

Found this in the forums:
http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=695192-001
Click on the yellow strip and it gives 200+ models this battery is used on.

Thanks.

Solution
Hi Alloy25,
HP did introduce the unit in 2012 I will need more info.. Where did you purchase your new unit from... What is the return policy...Does the unit work with the power source and not the battery

Cheers,
Cheron
HP Social Media Ambassador

someam

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hi Alloy25,
HP did introduce the unit in 2012 I will need more info.. Where did you purchase your new unit from... What is the return policy...Does the unit work with the power source and not the battery

Cheers,
Cheron
HP Social Media Ambassador

Solution