HP Laptop Black Screen, Replaced Motherboard, My MisAdventures!s

effectivedartz6

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Hey Guys, I need your help!
Got a Co-Worker who asked me to fix his laptop. Have very little expertise, but decided to take on the project. Watched a bunch of videos.

1st, I powered on the laptop (DV5-1135LA - HP), the screen is black and only the Shift +( Delete?) Button lights up. The laptop keyboard is completely in Spanish.

2nd, I tried the battery option. I took the battery off the laptop, held the power button to discharge any remaining charge. Placed on the adapter and powered it on. No luck

3rd, I watched this dumb video saying if I placed the motherboard into the oven at 325F, the motherboard would work. Terrible mistake! Placed the fried motherboard back into the laptop chassis, and the Shift + Delete button doesn't even light up.

Bought a new motherboard; same model number and everything. Replaced it. Same problem.

I got frustrated and took it to the Technician in town for a Diagnostic. The guy says it's a corrupted BIOS. Didn't want to pay him $275 for a Bios, tried to talk him down to $50, he refuses.

Got home and look on the internet about corrupted BIOS; I did the step where I created a Bootable USB and power the laptop on with the USB inserted while holding down the Windows Key + B key + Power Button for 1-2 Seconds.

Still no luck.

Anyone up for a challenge? Did quite a lot of researching. But no results, HELP!