Hp laptop charging issues

valeriek

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I have an Hp laptop. It charges fine. When I plug in the charger, an orange led indicator turns on to indicate that the laptop is charging. But once the laptop is charged, instead of that led light turning white like it's supposed to, it stays orange. It turned white only a few times when I bought the laptop like 3 weeks ago. But afterwards it stopped turning white. Can anyone help me with this please?

Solution
Hello, Valerie:

1. What is the full model name of your HP? (Open the Settings app and select System>About).

2. A 3-week-old laptop should have no battery issue whatsoever - and definitely not an HP. So, the LED indicator is orange when the power cord is plugged in, which means the battery is charging. What happens when you remove the power plug? Does the LED light turn white?

3. When a laptop is plugged into the wall socket, it will keep charging until you remove the power cord. This could potentially wear down the battery prematurely, so you should find an HP power management app that will allow you to customize how charging is conducted. Some manufacturers include specific apps to help with this, and doing regular calibration runs...
Hello, Valerie:

1. What is the full model name of your HP? (Open the Settings app and select System>About).

2. A 3-week-old laptop should have no battery issue whatsoever - and definitely not an HP. So, the LED indicator is orange when the power cord is plugged in, which means the battery is charging. What happens when you remove the power plug? Does the LED light turn white?

3. When a laptop is plugged into the wall socket, it will keep charging until you remove the power cord. This could potentially wear down the battery prematurely, so you should find an HP power management app that will allow you to customize how charging is conducted. Some manufacturers include specific apps to help with this, and doing regular calibration runs will improve battery performance and prevent failure.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution