HP laptop dv5224nr stuck on a black screen and wont turn off

dcsrvs

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
hp dv5224nr laptop wont turn off, black screen turn on black screen. connect external monitor black screen as well. push power button wont turn off

Solution
try this. remove main battery, disconnect power adapter from laptop, hold down the power button for 20 count, re-install main battery, reconnect power adapter & turn on the laptop.

LPGreenGoblinDPK12931

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I am having black screen issues also, but mine are different. Screen/laptop is getting power I know because I can see it lite up and the fn buttons work because when I hold fn and up/down (where my brightness buttons are) the screen gets "brighter black" and "dimmer black" the screen functions work too (when I hook it up to my tv with the hdmi cable) It wasn't doing anything for a long time but after trying everything I've read in all these forums I've been reading I decided to say what the hell if it's broke I can't do much more to it... So, I left it on and took the battery out so it would like trick it or what ever and I turned it back on ( don't know how long later honestly probably 45minutes-1hour and held the shift key down. Right when it started I plugged it into my tv. My t.v. screen blinked staticy stuff so I took out my hdmi and put it back in and it's "resetting this PC 1% and it's been at 1% for about 10 minutes. It's not good, I know, but it's progress haha ~DPK~

LPGreenGoblinDPK12931

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I'd like to add that it's still at 18% and I had to verify my account with this forum and I ate...ect so it's been about 30 minutes now. Well look at that it's at 30% now ^_^ maybe this site is good luck haha