Solved! HP Laptop Hang Lock Screen Problem

May 16, 2018
Hello, my hp laptop is hanging at the lock screen (/the main screen that you see after you turned on the laptop) and it barely can do anything when i pressed the keys except the home key where i can see the wifi, clock and the battery. How can i solve them? ^^;;

Solution
Try an external keyboard. Turn off the laptop, connect the external keyboard and then turn the laptop on. If the attached keyboard is the problem (which can happen), then the external keyboard should allow you to type and get in. You may also need to attache an external mouse. Once this is done, and if it worked to get you in, then I would try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the...
Try an external keyboard. Turn off the laptop, connect the external keyboard and then turn the laptop on. If the attached keyboard is the problem (which can happen), then the external keyboard should allow you to type and get in. You may also need to attache an external mouse. Once this is done, and if it worked to get you in, then I would try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

If, however, the keyboard isn't the issue, and you are just trying to bypass the lock screen, this we cannot assist with. Please read the following thread... http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-2317968/read-passwords-lock-codes-pin-numbers.html

Solution

whitey86

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
Could be stuck in an update loop, try restarting it a few time if the same try a syatem restore

Power the laptop on tapping F11 straight after., should say "please wait" at the bottom.
At the bluedcreen press "troubleshoot" then "system restore" here you can go back to a date is was working, dont go back more than a month, try latest point.
Give it 15 minutes to restore and see how it is.