HP Laptop has a resting temp on my lap of over 65 C

Hack3r_Elite

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015
Hello, thanks in advance for any good responses, I just want to know if anyone else has this problem.

Recently with my laptop, I'd be gaming and it would overheat and freeze. I used a program to see my temp in game and it always read about 50, so I guess it was wrong. I now use CPUID and it reads 60 while resting on my desk. The type is:

HP G72 Notebook PC
Model #: WQ666UA#ABA

If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Hi there Hack3r_Elite,

Especially during intensive tasks, like gaming, you need no to block the vents like Mark_1970 suggested.
I believe that there is some dust accumulated already. So, it may be a good idea to clean the dust out.

Another thing you can consider is to get a cooling pad.

Cheers,
D_Know_Wd :)

Mark_1970

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

If it gets hot when on your lap it is probably because the intake vents on the underside gets blocked by your legs, should never run a laptop on your lap or a bed or the carpet, could be due for a clean out of dust from the heatsink fins too, maybe fresh heatpaste too

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Hack3r_Elite,

Especially during intensive tasks, like gaming, you need no to block the vents like Mark_1970 suggested.
I believe that there is some dust accumulated already. So, it may be a good idea to clean the dust out.

Another thing you can consider is to get a cooling pad.

Cheers,
D_Know_Wd :)

Solution