HP Laptop is working incorrectly/strangely

DragonLove115

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Hello, this is my first time on a forum like this so please excuse any ignorance to certain subjects.

Okay, so I think I know what happened to my laptop to make it start acting weird. Long story short, my mom got mad and slammed it closed. She slammed it HARD. It was working after though, it was the next morning that the problem showed up.

So, when I go to open my browser (Google Chrome), it takes a very long time to open and actually load anything. I am constantly getting 'So and so page is not responding' and 'so and so page is unresponsive-wait or kill it?' messages. When it actually does start to run normally, I am unable to really do anything on the page. For instance, I was writing a paper for school in Microsoft Word, and every time I would start to type, it would freeze up and give me the 'not responding' message.

Another interesting thing happened last night while I was trying to fix it: the best way I can really describe it is that it had a seizure. The screen was flashing and swapping between tabs rapidly, some new tabs actually opened and closed, a black bar appeared on the screen the entire time it was doing this (vertical). Then it just suddenly stopped, and I was able to close out of everything and shut it down.

What I am looking for answer wise is: Can this be fixed? Can it be fixed at a fair price? Could there be possible damage on the inside of the screen? Could it possibly even be a virus?

I appreciate any and all help that anyone is able to give me. Thank you for your time.

Solution
Hi,

When it was slammed it's almost the same as it was dropped and the components that will suffer the damaged most likely is the HDD specially if it's not using a SSD seconds is the screen itself. I would suggest reinstalling Windows first with your laptop to set it back to factory settings. About the screen problem, connect the laptop into an external monitor and observe if the same problem will happen. If the same problem will happen after reinstalling Windows that means the HDD needs to be replaced and if the display will be normal on the external monitor I would suggest replacing the LCD as well. You may have to spend roughly around $200 more or less to fix it.
Hi,

When it was slammed it's almost the same as it was dropped and the components that will suffer the damaged most likely is the HDD specially if it's not using a SSD seconds is the screen itself. I would suggest reinstalling Windows first with your laptop to set it back to factory settings. About the screen problem, connect the laptop into an external monitor and observe if the same problem will happen. If the same problem will happen after reinstalling Windows that means the HDD needs to be replaced and if the display will be normal on the external monitor I would suggest replacing the LCD as well. You may have to spend roughly around $200 more or less to fix it.

Solution