HP laptop windows 7 ultimate will not turn on

Apr 13, 2018
Was in safe mode with networking solving an issue, the laptop just shut off and now will not power back on, any help
Thanks

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Apr 14, 2018
I had checked the voltage coming out of my account adapter & was correct, noticed the amps were wrong so I borrowed one from a friend & it works just PERFECT NOW ! ..... So I can get some sleep 2nite & btw thx for responding back, thx.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
AverageWhiteGirl Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
ZahidRidwan Laptop Tech Support 3
junior31210 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
Redamed92 Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1