HP-Palm's Topaz Tablet to Have 1.2Ghz Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
A interesting device, but no mention on internal storage?
Oh well, doesn't mean it's any less interesting and to be honest it makes it more interesting because I don't know something about this device I want to know :D

G

internal storage is for the birds (iphoners) give me some 64gb cloud data.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]Is it dual core ?[/citation]
Yes!
http://www.itechnews.net/2010/06/02/qualcomm-msm8260-and-msm8660-dual-core-snapdragon-chipsets/

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
"Considering all the fuss over Nvidia’s Tegra 2, we’re a little worried about the Topaz and the Opal being out of date before they even arrive"

The MSM8660 can handle multi-mode HSPA+/CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. B. They features two 1.2GHz CPU cores,a powerful GPU with 3D/2D acceleration engines for Open GLES 2.0 and Open VG 1.1 accelration, 1080p video encode/decode, dedicated low power audio engine, integrated low power GPS, and support for 24-bit WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution displays.

WebOS running on that hardware will be amazing!.. no worries here

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I hate to say it, but I don't think this device will be super successful in the consumer market. Android is the future for now, and it's what the consumer market is rallying behind. Currently, they have no significant infrastructure in place for delivering applications. They are making the same mistakes that palm made, and it's going to lead them down the same path. On the other hand, I can see this device being very successful in the enterprise market, as the requirements are different. I wouldn't be surprised if it completely replaced any ipad deployments, because that device really has no place in a corporate environment. It's exactly like the BB/iphone dichotomy, B/B is the corp standard, because the iphone is a consumer centric device. Sure there are a few companies out there that allow iphone usage, but it'll never be the standard other devices are measured against for businesses.

G

People still don't understand why ipads do so well. When we were young, we would always try to buy the best hardware for a reasonable price. Nowadays, hardware doesn't really dictate the market. Software seems to have a much more important place. The normal person (mass consumer) doesn't give a damn it has a 1.2 ghz processor.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hardwarenotthatimportant[/nom]When we were young, we would always try to buy the best hardware for a reasonable price.[/citation]
when i was young.. there were no reasonable hardware prices... 4 mb ram module was around $200.00.. and a 40mb scsi drive was around $600 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.