HP Pavilion 15 Suddenly Shuts Off!

gelo666

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
My Laptop:
Hp Pavilion 15 Notebook
BIOS: InsydeH20 Version 03.72.38F.68
Intel Core i5

After checking the fans, cleaning and mounting with thermal paste, and the battery, my laptop still suddenly shuts down. I clocked it and it suddenly turns off every 21-22 minutes of usage. I installed a speed fan to check and even at high temps, 70-80C, it doesn't shut down suddenly. What happened, and how can I fix this?

Solution
This may sound simple and common, but try updating the motherboards firmware. If it's not already up to date.

Also, Does it occur while in BIOS? I ask because if it is happening there too, then there is some kind of timer is running. It doesn't sound like overheating or a power issue. It sounds like there is either something in the BIOS that was changed, or something in the computers "Sleep/Hibernation" settings.

First I would check your bios to see if there is anything in there, and make sure you have the most version of yours.

Should that not solve the problem, then check in your "Sleep/Hibernation" settings. It is possible that something you installed (new software or an update) coudl have altered how you had it set.

For "Sleep...
This may sound simple and common, but try updating the motherboards firmware. If it's not already up to date.

Also, Does it occur while in BIOS? I ask because if it is happening there too, then there is some kind of timer is running. It doesn't sound like overheating or a power issue. It sounds like there is either something in the BIOS that was changed, or something in the computers "Sleep/Hibernation" settings.

First I would check your bios to see if there is anything in there, and make sure you have the most version of yours.

Should that not solve the problem, then check in your "Sleep/Hibernation" settings. It is possible that something you installed (new software or an update) coudl have altered how you had it set.

For "Sleep Mode" issues, see if this helps...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Make sure nothing is set to be turned off automatically after a specific time.
5. When you are done, click "OK".
6. Then reboot the computer.

Solution