Caluian Iulian

Estimable
Mar 22, 2015
Hey,i got a hp pavlion g6 and i dropped it on the floor.I broke the screen but i-m trying to connect it on a external monitor and the monitor is entering in sleeping mode.When i connect the broken display,he work(i think,he got light).I think is not the video.Anyway,i dont want to buy a new display and after that to find out i can't repair the laptop.I just want to test on a external monitor before i buy a new display. (sorry for my language) Thanks you !

Solution
The monitor is entering sleep mode, either because it's getting no signal from the graphics chip, or because it needs setting up in Windows Display Properties. Whichever, your laptop still needs at least a new screen and maybe other parts replaced too (I wouldn't be surprised if the hard drive was one of them).
The monitor is entering sleep mode, either because it's getting no signal from the graphics chip, or because it needs setting up in Windows Display Properties. Whichever, your laptop still needs at least a new screen and maybe other parts replaced too (I wouldn't be surprised if the hard drive was one of them).

Solution