HP pavilion g6 laptop getting a blank screen when trying to turn on and occasionally I was able to go till Windows logo

kireeti reddy

Commendable
May 15, 2016
I have a HP pavilion g6 laptop and my 4 year old sister pressed something on keyboard and suddenly screen went off with a striped screen.

I tried turning it on and the lights on power button and volume button shows up but the screen is blank.

So I removed the battery and held power button for 30sec and reinserted the battery and tried switching it on and this time I was able to go till the windows logo and once I entered password and it went off showing the same green striped screen as before and how many times I try it's showing the same thing and couldn't turn it on

Anyone help please as I have some important data in my system and can't afford to loose that.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, do connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the external display will be the same, do try loading the laptop into Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode with Networking.
- If it will load in Safe Mode and the display is normal, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Please use this link below for the complete guide.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- If it will still not work, last option would be to reinstall Windows.
- And if reinstalling Windows will still not work then the problem lies inside the motherboard.