HP Pavillion G7 External Graphics

Rs_Computers___

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
Good Day

I have strange issue, First of all the internal screen is damaged , The laptop was working fine on the external display but the PC was giving issues with Windows , I recently reloaded it (Windows on top of Wndows) . Now I cannot get the external display to work without drivers, I took the PC apart to blow out the system, is there away to get the HP G7 to Boot from External Screen instead of internal while we wait for the part to come

Its an HP G7

2nd Gen i5
Mobility Radeon, (Not sure what Graphics Card model)
8GB RAM

Please assist

Hi,

The good news is yes there's a way to make your external display work as the default display. You just need to open the laptop disconnect the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard and that should do the trick. You're external display will now be the default display and you'll be able to see anything even in BIOS.

Rs_Computers___

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
OK thanks, I have tried that first and it did not seem to work. I will try again , so you say I must unplug the cable from the motherboard, not just the inverter? and if it still won't display what then?

Rs_Computers___

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
I have did what you said , however I want to upload a photo of the connector to see if I did it correctly as I do not work with laptops everyday.

Rs_Computers___

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
HI There, I tested it like you said, There is no display on the external monitor now either? The PC starts up I can hear the sound as WIndows boots , please assist me , I hope I have not blown the VGA ports on the motherboard