Solved! HP Probook 450 G3 does not turn on

Jul 18, 2020
Hello,

I bought a used Probook 450 G3 4 days ago. It worked fine and then I updated BIOS to current version (04/2020) and it still worked fine with battery. Today i turned the laptop on and connected it with power charger in order to charge the battery but it was not charging. I tried this twice https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Plugged-in-not-charging-after-BIOS-update/td-p/6599580 but the battery was still not charging

Go to Device Manager and look for Battery
Double click or expand the Battery
Right click on Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery and uninstall it
Turn the computer off completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds
Unplug the charger and check if you could unplug the battery as well
Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds
Plug in the battery
Plug in the charger
Turn the computer back on and check if the charging change status

The battery now completely runs out of juice and the laptop does not turn on although I plug the power charger in. I use multi meter to check voltage of the power charger and it reads 19 V so look like the power charger works fine.

The laptop is now like being bricked.

Please help to fix this.

Thanks

O.C

Solution
I'd contact the person you bough it from, even if there is no specific warranty sites like eBay offer some protection from selling faulty items. You'd have to check the power connection on the laptop and maybe the motherboard. Try removing the battery and the CMOS battery from the motherboard, with system unplugged hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in only wall power and see if it turns on. Also remove the RAM and try to turn it on, if the motherboard is good it should give you some error beeps or lights stating no RAM was found. If it does not that also points to a failed motherboard.
I'd contact the person you bough it from, even if there is no specific warranty sites like eBay offer some protection from selling faulty items. You'd have to check the power connection on the laptop and maybe the motherboard. Try removing the battery and the CMOS battery from the motherboard, with system unplugged hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in only wall power and see if it turns on. Also remove the RAM and try to turn it on, if the motherboard is good it should give you some error beeps or lights stating no RAM was found. If it does not that also points to a failed motherboard.

Solution