Solved! Hp ProBook 470 g4

Apr 16, 2020
Product: Hp ProBook 470 G4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)
Hie All,

So i switched off my laptop after use. When i tried switching it on it won't turn on. The power button and the caps lock jus leds jus light up but no flicking and the power led continuously flick non stop soon as I connect the charger or a battery. The CPU is also heating up. I dismantled everything from the board and connected power, power led still flicks continuously and the CPU heats up. I have tried all work arounds on the net but to no avail. Please help all my work is in there.

Thank you

Solution
Sounds like the motherboard may be bad. Did you try another charger? You can remove the drive to connect it to another computer to copy your files out. Next time make sure you have backups of your files saved to a second drive or to cloud storage.
Sounds like the motherboard may be bad. Did you try another charger? You can remove the drive to connect it to another computer to copy your files out. Next time make sure you have backups of your files saved to a second drive or to cloud storage.

Solution
Apr 16, 2020
Thank you for the reply, i don't thinks it's the charger because even when I put in the battery, the problem still persists without plugging in the charger.

Apr 20, 2020
A friend is having this exact same problem on a probook 430 G4since last friday.. seems a bit odd as i have seen atleast 3 posts recently on the same problem