hp probook 650 G2 blinking amber ac light

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardwood_ts

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
hey there
i see a few other people having this problem with varying degrees of success on the web so i wanted to make a thread here about it
the probook i have has an issue where when you plug in the ac adapter, the power button, caps lock, power led, and ac led all light up briefly, where the first three are a solid white and the last blinks amber four times
then everything stops being lit

after a while, the probook ac led starts blinking amber quickly without stop
i'm guessing it's a battery/ac adapter issue as the amber blinking seems to go on without end
but was wondering if anybody had similar experiences
or could shed light on what's happening

the usual hard reset
bios unplug/replug
ram swap, etc
yields no results for the people i see encounter this issue online
and i can't get a definite yes or no on the battery/charger being the issue so this is speculation

would love to hear what you guys think

Solution
It can be either of them. The battery or the charger, or both actually, that are the problem. It will blink for issues with both. Sadly there is no way to really tell if it is one or the other with out either trying one or both on another device, or replacing them. Just be careful not to get stuck if you choose to buy aftermarket versions. They can often be hit or miss with if they function correctly.
It can be either of them. The battery or the charger, or both actually, that are the problem. It will blink for issues with both. Sadly there is no way to really tell if it is one or the other with out either trying one or both on another device, or replacing them. Just be careful not to get stuck if you choose to buy aftermarket versions. They can often be hit or miss with if they function correctly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.