Solved! Hp probook Laptop battery indicator stays on while using only ac power even if I remove battery it stays on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2020
Hp probook Laptop battery indicator stays on while using only ac power even if I remove battery it stays on. In all cases , if I press power button laptop won't start and not even a sound. Only battery indicator is on. NB even when I remove battery , indicator stays on amber, battery has been dead a while now and I have been using only ac power without battery. What could be problem

Solution
So is the issue that the laptop does not start or just that the battery light stays on? If the laptop does not turn on, try doing a motherboard reset, unplug the power, battery and CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 15 seconds. Plug in wall power only see if it turns on. Also try one RAM stick at a time or different RAM, try without the drive connected. If none of that works chances are the motherboard is bad.
So is the issue that the laptop does not start or just that the battery light stays on? If the laptop does not turn on, try doing a motherboard reset, unplug the power, battery and CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 15 seconds. Plug in wall power only see if it turns on. Also try one RAM stick at a time or different RAM, try without the drive connected. If none of that works chances are the motherboard is bad.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.