HP Reveals 'Micro Thin' LED backlit 23-inch Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
meh, you can go only so thin with these things before you render them unusable to do being unable to adjust the position/tilt of these things without breaking them.........

kastraelie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
Yeah the base defeats the whole purpose....what they COULD do is make the base attach to the monitor with a single cable or wirelessly. That way you could mount it to a wall then plug your stuff in 4 feet away in the cabinet.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]That base is ugly. Totally ruins the whole idea.[/citation]

Its the base that makes this idea possible. There are components in that base, components that are usually on the back of the monitor, making it fatter.

G

Nice, I like a really thin monitor since my desk is almost in the middle of my room.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]That base is ugly. Totally ruins the whole idea.[/citation]
the base makes it easier to manage the cables....i like it a lot :)

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]has all the manufacturers given up on high resolutions market?[/citation]

Seems so.. Looks like i wont be able to buy a good monitor anymore. Though HP and Dell both have nice 30" ones. I guess if i want a decent resolution ill have to get 3 monitors :/

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I thought 1" was thin enough. How about Display Port, higher resolution, & uniform color top to bottom instead of just making things thinner. I actually want improvements that actually improve functionality.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]has all the manufacturers given up on high resolutions market?[/citation]
has alls manufacturers givens ups ons highs resolutions markets?

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
IMHO, the price is reasonable. I was recently thinking about the monster LCD I have on my desk. It must be at least two inches thick. ;)

However, OLED with 100%+ NTSC gamut, is not all that far out now as I see it.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]IMHO, the price is reasonable. I was recently thinking about the monster LCD I have on my desk. It must be at least two inches thick.[/citation]
Yeah, know wacha mean. I keep bumping my nose on my screen too. If I could move it back 1.5" it would be sooooo much better (and maybe it would stop fogging up too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jill Scharr Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 8
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 8