News HP Spectre x360 14 release , price, specs and features

Dec 6, 2020
For a laptop that looked like it might be a contender for "best of the year" .... seems strange that you guys never reviewed it! Is that in progress or coming soon??

Dec 17, 2020
For a laptop that looked like it might be a contender for "best of the year" .... seems strange that you guys never reviewed it! Is that in progress or coming soon??

I got impatient and purchased one anyway. It is a very impressive laptop to use. I find myself admiring it a lot. Being my first Spectre, it's a very enjoyable experience, but I must say the battery life on this is disappointing so far. I'm coming from a Chromebook (I know...) but those things are hard to kill.

My use case is probably very demanding (I'm a teacher, currently remote teaching). I am on Zoom for about 3 hours at a time (2 shifts) and I run PPT presentations and use white board apps during lessons. I can get to around 4 hours before needing to plug in. And that's with brightness at its lowest setting, maybe a notch or two up, depending on lighting.

The battery life while preparing my lessons hasn't been much better (using Google Suite and some browsing for images and research with some music streaming through YouTube Music). I get 5-6 hours if I want to take it below 10%.

Fan noise is pretty low, but can blow pretty hard when plugged in an working on Zoom (charging it seems to add stress). The pen is great, rechargeable and the magnetic fit to the side of the laptop is pretty strong.

Its a beautiful machine. The build quality is top notch. The 3:2 aspect ratio is perfect for me. There's so much more real estate I get to work with when putting lessons together. Didn't expect it to make that much of a difference, but it does.

My only gripe is the battery life. It gets about the same as the old Dell Lattitude work laptop I used before, with less functionality of course, as its not touch screen, but still, bummer.