Question HP Spectre x360 15 vs XPS 15 7590

Feb 12, 2020
The HP model I'm talking about is the HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1045nr and for the XPS it is the one that is currently retailing for $1599 on their site. They both have almost identical specs, except for the screen. As my username suggests I don't have a lot of money so the HP seems like an ideal choice as it is 250 bucks cheaper. But I don't want to skimp on quality either as I plan to use this laptop fora long time, I have used my current laptop for around 6 years and plan to use the one I buy for atleast 4 to 5. I value performance too.

Now I know the 2 laptops don't exactly fall into the same category, a (2 in 1) vs a clamshell seems odd but either design is fine to me. My use is going to be slightly above moderate. 8 hours a day. Im going to use it for coding mainly, making cad models, very light gaming and video editing sometimes and the usual casual use for entertainment.

I currently have the opinion that the screen won't matter much. OLED, IPS, etc is fine but I have no experience in this area so please educate me on whether OLED is worth it. I'm gong to be typing a lot so a good keyboard would be nice. I don't access to either of those to try them out.

What are your opinions on which one to buy? Do yall know any better options that I should consider?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop General Discussion 1
F Laptop General Discussion 7
T Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2