Hp Stream 11, can the storage be upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowGaming

Commendable
May 21, 2016
The model number on the bottom is "11-r014wm". My friend owns this laptop, and wants more storage, but I think it's possible it doesn't have a hard drive in it because it's too thin. I have an old 300gb hdd I'm willing to give him (2.5"), but first I want to find out if it will fit.

Anyone out there know if it can be upgraded? I checked out a walmart listing of the device, but I have a feeling that the specs are very dumbed down for the mainstream market. It says Hard Drive, but that could be wrong. Who knows, maybe they aren't even aware.

Solution
The HP Stream storage space is a chip soldered to the motherboard, it has no physical hard drive. There is no way to upgrade the storage the unit was purchased with, most of these have 32gb. The only way to add more storage space would be to put a Micro SD card in the provided slot and use it as a secondary drive for storage.
The HP Stream storage space is a chip soldered to the motherboard, it has no physical hard drive. There is no way to upgrade the storage the unit was purchased with, most of these have 32gb. The only way to add more storage space would be to put a Micro SD card in the provided slot and use it as a secondary drive for storage.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.