HP Stream 11 or Lenovo Thinkpad 100S?

Resire Lee

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
Hi guys!

I am a student in Australia starting senior school. It is a requirement at my new school to have a device to bring to school for work. I am looking for an extremely cheap laptop which fits this requirement. Of course, in Australia, stuff cost so much more and I am willing to pay ~$300 for the laptop.

After a little bit of researching I found these 2 laptops being the forerunners. I would just like to reach out to tom'sHARDWARE community to see which of the 2 laptops will be a better choice. As mentioned before, it is for school work so that means light browsing (maybe 5 tabs open usually) and heavy usage of google docs, microsoft word etc. NO GAMING AT ALL XD

I most likely will not be using the trackpad as I personally despise them so please disregard the trackpad from your considerations. Also, I don't really mind a bad keyboard (as long as it works, I'm happy).

Thank you guys!

TLDR; Want to know which of these 2 laptops in the title will be a better pick for light internet browsing and using google docs/ microsoft word. Disregard trackpad in your considerations and i really don't mind using a bad keyboard.

Solution
Lenovo 100S just for the processor, make sure you get a fast class 10 SD card or fast cloud storage, as the internal storage sucks.