sparker781

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
So I found my Fiancee's Stream 7, It boots up to Windows 8.1. I am having issues with installing updates on it. Is there a Windows 10 version I can install? I have access to MSDN so getting the OS isn't a problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Windows 10 Mobile is for phones only. Your Smart 7 is "full-fledged" (albeit limited) laptop.

Go to Microsoft site, download the tool, get reasonably fast 4GB+ USB key, and make bootable Windows disk. You have to figure out how to force the tablet to boot off USB, though (you might need a USB keyboard to enter BIOS first).

But - with just 1GB of RAM, it will be struggle to use it. I've found out for myself (the hard way) that minimum usable Windows tablet is 10" - unless you have 20/20 vision, and tiny fingers, that's it.
Windows 10 Mobile is for phones only. Your Smart 7 is "full-fledged" (albeit limited) laptop.

Go to Microsoft site, download the tool, get reasonably fast 4GB+ USB key, and make bootable Windows disk. You have to figure out how to force the tablet to boot off USB, though (you might need a USB keyboard to enter BIOS first).

But - with just 1GB of RAM, it will be struggle to use it. I've found out for myself (the hard way) that minimum usable Windows tablet is 10" - unless you have 20/20 vision, and tiny fingers, that's it.

Solution