Solved! Hp stream laptop has no network icon

Jan 14, 2021
On my new stream hp 14_cb174wm laptop, the setup instructions say to select the network icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar but there is no network icon there. How do I get it?

It says it needs a router and a modem separately. I have a combo router modem that works with my tablet. Do I have to buy a new router and modem?

I t did start to connect, then it stopped and said to connect to the internet. Do I just need a medem?

Solution
A combo modem/router is fine. It's strange you don't see the network icon. Go to Settings/Nework/Status and try running the troublehooter found there. Let us know what it tells you. As the previous person asked--are you connecting via ethernet cable or wireless? I have seen cases where when using ethernet, the icon doesn't show up and you have to turn it on.
A combo modem/router is fine. It's strange you don't see the network icon. Go to Settings/Nework/Status and try running the troublehooter found there. Let us know what it tells you. As the previous person asked--are you connecting via ethernet cable or wireless? I have seen cases where when using ethernet, the icon doesn't show up and you have to turn it on.

Solution