HP Takes Tablets Mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

this post seems seriously outdated... hp has updated the tx2000 series to the tx2500 with the AMD puma platform... the GPU is now an integrated hd3200 no longer the 6150.

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I agree. This model isn't even listed on the HP site anymore. I did notice that Office Depot is having drastic reductions in all the older HP notebooks in preparation for the puma models. But they are selling the tx2500z.

G

Would like to see a review on the differences between the standard Turion and the optional Turion Ultra processors-all available on the tx2500 line (RM vs. ZM-I think). It would be interesting to see now the differences between the Nvidia vs. AMD chipsets though.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Wonderful - a review of something that's obsolete!

Perhaps you guys should have reviewed the new HP dv5z series notebook instead. The 15" is already out, with a 14" and 17" model to follow shortly.

Can you get your act together?

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
^I agree but was trying to be nice. The guys over at notebookreview.com did a short review of the dv5c but it doesn't have the 3450 so no crossfire - just the 3200 IGP. Here's the link: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4482. I'm waiting to see the first Fujitsu with a PCIe 2.0 interface and the XGP box.

etittel

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
I'm working on lining up the newer units for review. I cheerfully but abashedly concede this review should have posted in March or April, but I got hung up with some horrible family stuff (you don't want to know). All that said, this unit remains a good buy for those buying on the trailing edge, or for those who--as the other poster pointed out--are looking for bargains.
I have spoken with HP PR about lining up reviews of the models with the newer graphics chipsets and more advanced CPUs, and will do my best to get them out in the next 30-45 days.
My apologies to one and all for the delay in delivery.
--Ed--

Status
Not open for further replies.