HP Touchpads Are Back on Sale... at Full Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I'll tell you now, people planning on buying this planned to because of the liquidation price.
If they sell it back at it's original price I'm definitely not buying one.

Sure, it's a fantastic tablet and all but I want one cheap. -.-

G

This story is lame. I just checked the circulars for both and no such ad. The writer is attention seeking, smfh.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Every company should have learned from HP that the price point for tablets should be closer to $200, not $500. Why pay laptop prices for what is essentially a partial one.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Richard226[/nom]Optumus prime or Megatron Amk-aka-phantom?[/citation]

Lol, I had to Google it to understand the joke.. never watched that stupid movie. These sound like smartphone names (Optimus Prime - there's an LG Optimus... thought this is a new model, lol).

No, smartass. EeePad Transformer. The 16GB version, of course, I'm not a fan of paying $100 for extra 16GB on a device which has USB ports. And the keyboard dock so that it can actually be useful.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
@ amk-aka-phantom

Movie? What movie? I refuse to accept the existance of a transformers movie. It was only ever a cartoon from my childhood. There was never three crappy michel bay movies made. *plugs ears* LALALALALALA

mb2bm55

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
True, and I may have considered one before the price drop at these prices, but now why would I? I'll just consider myself as having missed out. In fact I feel like not getting ANY tablet since the price drop as I will only feel I missed out on a good deal. I know its not totally a logical thought process and I often notice times around the house when I could definitely use some kind of tablet (almost entirely quick look-ups while reading the paper, random fact checks, studying etc), but in most of the tablet-desire cases I'd prefer a Kindle for referencing (and internet look up references) since its cheap and will soon have all the important tables/text books needed like CRC and Math and CS handbooks as well as being the easiest to read over a period of time- a good alternative to current appliances. If I want some mobile leisure, personally I'd prefer a smaller laptop (with some decent firepower under the hood) as I feel it fills more gaps. I understand that most non-nerd types might be a Laptop-Tablet-smart phone-Book hierarchy crowd but I'm desktop/home server-laptop-(maybe Kindle)-smart phone-book hierarchy myself. You know, if they are people that actually need to read something for work/leisure. Any music concerns can be easily handled by my smartphone and I see almost no need to watch a movie on a tablet. If I'm not watching it on my Big screen then I better find something productive to do since I'm clearly just burning time.

mb2bm55

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]cyprod[/nom]@ amk-aka-phantomMovie? What movie? I refuse to accept the existance of a transformers movie. It was only ever a cartoon from my childhood. There was never three crappy michel bay movies made. *plugs ears* LALALALALALA[/citation]

Classic

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I saw the Office Depot ad and had a good laugh. These ads are printed up weeks in advance. Best Buy's ad the Sunday after the price drop happened still had them at full price. Yet Best Buy was selling them at $99 and $149 (if there were any left by that Sunday).

As for tablets being overpriced, I saw Michael Pachter on GT.com mention that Apple makes around $300-$400 profit on each iPad sold. So yes, they're way overpriced. Just like netbooks are (were). Companies can over-charge on "hot" products and get away with it, until the next "hot" product come along.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Richard226[/nom]i settled on a Galaxy tab 10.1, so far so good. Shame it does not transform into anything though.[/citation]
And shame it doesn't have micro sd card slot.

teamcarlisle

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I live in Klamath Falls Or, and they sell the Touchpad here at staples and Office depot. Even during the firesale they never dropped the price. I would have bought one for $99, but never $500

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
In my opinion, $200 is the max price I would pay unless it came with additional features similar to the Eepad Transformer.

Richard226

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]And shame it doesn't have micro sd card slot.[/citation]

yeah true bit of a let down that. But you can buy the adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.