HP TouchPads May Be Dumped in Landfill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Get one cheap and wait till someone ports Android or a related bootleg project to it. Win! (if you're interested in a tablet that is...)

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]wintermint[/nom]Give it to needy schools/college students. It's not the best but it's free :][/citation]
If the price were right, I would have bought 1...

Maybe they should have viewed the TouchPad as a console: Sell it at a loss, and make up the difference on software...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
If they're really going to dump them in a landfill, they might as well give them away. It will be more ecological and they'll make some happy "customers". I would gladly take one for light web surfing. Even with no support whatsoever. The open source community would know what to do! I'd even pay somewhere around $50, but it seems HP makes less money this way...

frostyfireball

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I'd buy one for sure if they did a fire sale at like 150$ for a 16, the thing is sweet! I just have no use for one so it ain't worth 500 or even 400$, but 150 would make a neat toy.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
If they bury them... I hope a terrorist group blows their company into the ground. Scumbags. Yeah, let's BURY THEM. And you guys complain about APPLE!?

G

Before they burry the tablets, HP extracts all rare earth and metal parts. Batteries are not determind for waste disposale in untouched rural areas.

PuckerFactor

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
It's just a hyped up way of feeling sorry for themselves. What will happen is they will ship to Mexico and countries like that. This is where a lot of discontinued stuff ends up...and people will buy it. Go to any Costco store in Mexico and you'll see "new" products no longer sold in the US Costco store. The same goes for Office Depot and OfficeMax.

G

I'll buy one! I won't pay over $99 though and even that's too expensive. It's sad to see they want to sell their PC market. My family always owned a HP. Until you can just build your own

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I want one cheap!
Although I think WebOS is a great platform they should just ditch it on these and put Android Honeycomb on them. The hardware is fine and they would sell.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
These might be awesome devices to install windows 8 on when it comes out. And if you can get one for $100-$200 then its a steal just to use for surfing the web.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Because it seems that companies make more money in the long run by simply writing off the unsold inventory for tax relief

Yup.That is one of the reasons why we lose money.And we foot the bill as well.
Close those Corporate loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.