HP TouchSmart Touch nor keyboard works

missjanyce

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
HP TouchSmart Notebook touchscreen and keyboard is not working. I can't go any further because I got a passcode. I can't type the passcode. Help!

Solution
Well to get in and type your passcode, I would suggest connecting an external keyboard while the laptop is off and then turn the laptop on. The external keyboard should work for you, and let you enter the passcode.

Once in, you should uninstall the keyboard driver, then reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver). Once the computer restarts it should install the driver on its own. You may have to do the same with the drivers for the touch screen.
Well to get in and type your passcode, I would suggest connecting an external keyboard while the laptop is off and then turn the laptop on. The external keyboard should work for you, and let you enter the passcode.

Once in, you should uninstall the keyboard driver, then reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver). Once the computer restarts it should install the driver on its own. You may have to do the same with the drivers for the touch screen.

Solution