HP Tries To Thump The Macbook Air With Its Envy 133 Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Not to sound like a fanboy, but its always easier to work backwards from a forward thinking product. Will be interesting to see how quality turns out, I personally don't think of HP as putting out high quality Laptops. Might be a good move for HP though.

Anthony20022

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
I don't see how the author gets that this computer is more powerful than the air, as the both have the exact same CPU, GPU, and HDD/SSD. Second, although the HP is technically .06" thinner, I think the MacBook Air will still seem much smaller, due to the fact that it is .76" only at one small point, ranging down to .16", whereas the Envy appears to have more uniform thickness. Also, the batteries are rated at 5 hours on the Apple vs. 3.75 on the HP. Last, the author claims that HP has "one-upped" Apple by including an external optical drive, but the MacBook Air is still $202 cheaper when the optional optical drive is included.
The Envy should be available later this summer starting at $2100. Not a bad price that all those features, I’m glad I held off buying the Macbook Air.

I really don't get that at all; as far as I can tell the only thing you really gain with the Envy is an extra USB port and a higher price. Even if you hate S X , you can install windows on the Air for about the same price as the Envy.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Anthony20022[/nom]I don't see how the author gets that this computer is more powerful than the air, as the both have the exact same CPU, GPU, and HDD/SSD. Second, although the HP is technically .06" thinner, I think the MacBook Air will still seem much smaller, due to the fact that it is .76" only at one small point, ranging down to .16", whereas the Envy appears to have more uniform thickness. Also, the batteries are rated at 5 hours on the Apple vs. 3.75 on the HP. Last, the author claims that HP has "one-upped" Apple by including an external optical drive, but the MacBook Air is still $202 cheaper when the optional optical drive is included. I really don't get that at all; as far as I can tell the only thing you really gain with the Envy is an extra USB port and a higher price. Even if you hate S X , you can install windows on the Air for about the same price as the Envy. [/citation]

Valid Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.