hp vs hp pavillion

kemo1a

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Talking to hp sales they say the pavillion is better. Looking at the tech stuff I am confused. 5th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U Dual Core Processor + Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 in hp vs AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 Processor + AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics. Not going to use for gaming. I do watch amazon prime on my computer surf and do some basic picture stuff. now the pavillion comes with 8 gb ram while hp have to upgrade to 8 gb ram. Both are touch. Now the intel with same everthing is 40 cheaper then pavallion amd. Please help.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
The amd APU has much better graphics than the Intel. Both are integrated.
8Gb of ram vrs 4Gb of ram makes a big difference to some, not just gamers, but anything that can need large file access like Photoshop or even MS Office. 4Gb will be fine, just load or process slower.
Chances are the Intel is also slower GHz than the APU, which will affect program speeds.
AMD is usually cheaper than comparable Intel, the ram not withstanding, I'm wondering if the APU doesn't have an SSD or hybrid drive or a larger hdd than the Intel, faster processor, quad core vrs dual core, better graphics capability, double the ram, lighted keyboard? Longer runtime battery?

All in all, for the $40, the APU sounds like the better buy.