HP630 laptop dead after Windows 10 update

Feb 11, 2018
After repeated reminders about Win10 update waiting, last night I selected "update and shut down" and left it alone.

This morning during startup I got "working on updates x%. Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. Your PC will restart several times".

Left it to it, checking every now and then. Approx 5hrs later I had to go out (showed 63%). Returned to find PC turned off.

Now nothing. Power light shows battery is charged (plugged in). Pressing power on does nothing. Not a thing.

HP 630 approx 5 years old. Upgraded to Win10 about 15mos ago. Can't give you much more detail as can't start laptop to retrieve system info...

Any suggestions gratefully received

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

Solution