HP's Printer, Android Tablet Combo Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
No reason to degrade the thing with less features...

Then again... how many people REALLY need a printer for a tablet device? Any modern tablet should work with most wireless printers. With my desktop - I use the scanner 10x more than I print, which is about 3-5 sheets per month.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]No reason to degrade the thing with less features...Then again... how many people REALLY need a printer for a tablet device? Any modern tablet should work with most wireless printers. With my desktop - I use the scanner 10x more than I print, which is about 3-5 sheets per month.[/citation]
the point would rather be: I can see this ROM cracked within a couple months and the printer's driver extracted; then it is only a matter of releasing it in an app to allow other Android devices to use a printer wirelessly.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
So here is the rub ... HP, Dell , Sony, Microsoft, Google ... please read and heed ... LET THE CONSUMER CHOOSE WHICH PORTAL TO USE!!! if you must push wares for those that don't want to bork their setup... then ok .. else STOP BUNDLING CRAP SOME OF US DONT USE -- thank you for letting me yell .. now back to your regular net viewing.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Now if they can make one of these for businesses, it'd be great. Public/County libraries and higher education would benefit, particularly if it had a built-in card reader.

G

so the tablet will cost $389.99, the printer $10, while the inks (sold separately) will choke you for $99.99?
Yeah..thanks for the offer, but i'll pass....

G

While I think the concept has merit, considering the quality of HP has plummeted into an abyss, and their notorious reputation for bundling a bunch of crapware with every product, I will avoid this product of syphilitic snake-oil salesmen, and wait to see offerings from other vendors who are a whole lot less sadistic toward their customers

Status
Not open for further replies.