Solved! HT-C550 Home Theater Protection mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inoculah

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
I tried to contact samsung about this issue but since i didnt buy from store, bought from friend they were no help.

I setup the system with all speakers plugged in, hdmi, digital output, the little am/fm antenna, and the power plugged in. It ran well for 10 mins, then threw PROT on the L.E.D. Screen for protection mode and shut down. I have tried troubleshooting unplugging and plugging in wire connections and turning the system on. I tried a different hdmi cable as well. I cant find the solution. When it ran all the speakers played so its gotta be something with hardware inside right? I just feel i am out of $100.

Solution
That means either the amp has overheated or there's a dead short in your speaker wiring.

If it still shows PROT with all speaker wires disconnected, then the amp is dead from an internal short. If it only appears when one particular speaker is connected then there is some frayed wiring shorting out in that speaker.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
That means either the amp has overheated or there's a dead short in your speaker wiring.

If it still shows PROT with all speaker wires disconnected, then the amp is dead from an internal short. If it only appears when one particular speaker is connected then there is some frayed wiring shorting out in that speaker.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.