HTC Droid Incredible 2 Launching on Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeelsnc

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
The only advantage I see for this over the incredible I already have is the GSM mode where you could buy a sim card for prepaid service in another country and use it over seas. I don't travel over seas (rarely) and so its not a big deal to me. I do like the incredible though. HTC is on point with their line up of droid phones. Good work.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Lets see:

No 4g
Outdated single core processor
Outdated Android (should be 2.3)
High price ($199)

I predict FAIL. This should be marketed at the value crowd and priced at $149 or less.

G

For me the 4 inch screen and front camera is a big advantage..

jarraramjad

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
idoit how is the proccessor outdated??snapdragon is more powerful than tegra 2......probobly it will get an update....4g isnt a roof blower u know...3g works fine 199 is just ok

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]jarraramjad[/nom]idoit how is the proccessor outdated??snapdragon is more powerful than tegra 2......probobly it will get an update....4g isnt a roof blower u know...3g works fine 199 is just ok[/citation]

Its a single core processor from 2010 with adreno 205 graphics, tegra 2 is a dual core processor packaged with much more powerful graphics.

Who is the idiot again? ..

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Its a single core processor from 2010 with adreno 205 graphics, tegra 2 is a dual core processor packaged with much more powerful graphics.

Who is the idiot again? ..

Both of you, have fun power gaming next to an outlet.

Phoenixkatera

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
A bit confused what advantages this has over Thunderbolt which HTC has released on Verizon's network not long ago.. so.. Thunderbolt or Incredible 2? No way I'm getting another Moto phone.

G

Biggest advantage is battery life for the Incredible 2. Duel Core? Who cares..Its a phone people not a laptop!

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Surprised there was no mention of the Droid Charge by Samsung along with the Incredible 2 and Casio phone for release tomorrow. The Charge will be 4G unlike the two listed phones.

Sphex

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
[citation][nom]jarraramjad[/nom]idoit how is the proccessor outdated??snapdragon is more powerful than tegra 2......probobly it will get an update....4g isnt a roof blower u know...3g works fine 199 is just ok[/citation]
+1

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I agree with the above, no 4G is a plus to me. By the time 4G is available in my area or nay area I travel to, I'll be on my 3rd phone. Plus there is no risk of them up charging me for 4G when it is not available.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Lets see:No 4gOutdated single core processorOutdated Android (should be 2.3)High price ($199)I predict FAIL. This should be marketed at the value crowd and priced at $149 or less.[/citation]
Yeah that and no 1080p support.

I'd also like to see USB 3.0 support as well.

G

Ah the simplicities of the human mind. You were referred to as an idiot due to the fact that this IS the updated version of snapdragons 1GhZ single core processor. Not last years model. Referr to their specs if you question that. HTC sense is optimized for android 2.2 as of righ now. And works perfectly as of today. 4g is so new that you need to live in a city or near one to actually use it. Plus if you choose to turn off the 4g radio, you can only move to 3G. Not 2g. As of today. 4g has sat as a battery killer. (stronger radios, faster drain) and the tegra 2 might look amazing on a piece of paper. But again. Android does not need half of the power of a dual core. And the small handful of apps needing a dual core will take at least 6 months to become usable. Not to mention a single core runs cooler, creating less problems for your device. And the tegra 2 is less usable when in your hand. It lags more often and cannot process information nearly as gracefully as the snapdragon. I want a devIce that is not only usable. But won't keep me hanging out with chargers and batteries as my best friends. If you are one of the people who are worried about "future proofing" your device. That's impossible. The market changes faster than they can even build you a new device. Sounds like you would be better off with a laptop my friend. That way you can start worrying less about "the latest and greatest" and actually own something that is usable.

I will certainly be purchasing this device tomorrow and plan on owning it until it falls apart. Brilliant business move by all companies involved. A tried and true edition of a phone that will not suffer the trial and error problems that any new age device suffers. Congratulations.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Lets see:No 4gOutdated single core processorOutdated Android (should be 2.3)High price ($199)I predict FAIL. This should be marketed at the value crowd and priced at $149 or less.[/citation]

Really? I hope you we're being sarcastic..

Seriously, $200 for a smartphone is nothing, once phones start to cost as much as very high end graphics cards that's when you need to worry.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
just for your info...snapdragon is outdated...tegra2 dual core is much, much faster

Status
Not open for further replies.