HTC Droid Incredible Officially on Verizon April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Aw, crap... had my eye on the Omnia II but my Omnia doesn't quite live up to specs. Windows Phone 7's limited multitasking nixed that, I'm nervous about the push for video streaming to phones and the growing push to charge by usage/eliminate the unlimited plans that are limited to 5 GB per month, and I am a bit concerned with just how much control google has (youtube, search engine, phone OS, advertising, office software... basically, if they control their market in a way that would make Microsoft blush - heck, they even get an early termination fee on top of your cellular provider's termination fee).

Yet, it sounds like it might be the phone I want. Can't wait to see how people feel this performs in the wild.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
This phone is pure awesome. Why would anyone bother with an outdated, crippled iPhone when there are phones like this available?

Android just keeps getting better.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Choujij[/nom]Droid Incredible...o_O What, did Apple like patent the name "Droid 2" or something?[/citation]
Putting "Droid" in front of the name is a Verizon thing. The only confusing part is the Droid being just the Droid... But there is already a Droid Eris so this will just be joining the Droid family as a Droid Incredible.

yao

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Does ATT has any android phone? ATT has the best signal in my area, switching to Verison can be troublesome to me.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Sounds liek a great phone (12MP camera with xenon flash, 1024x768 SAMOLED etc. would be nice though).
However, can we get a phone like this with official support for two mobile OS's? Such as both Android and Symbian?

I've had my eyes on Symbian, but there's only a couple nice Symbian phones I'd get.

How about off contract prices? Sure, buying a phone off contract is stupidly expensive, but contracts are something some of us refuse to sign.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]yao[/nom]Does ATT has any android phone? ATT has the best signal in my area, switching to Verison can be troublesome to me.[/citation]
You can get the Nexus One from Google. It won't be subsidized, but at $529, it's pretty good for an unlocked, no-contract phone.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
DAMN IT HTC, WHERE'S MY TEGRA!!!

HTC has been doing a great job designing all these Android phones, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the Qualcomm Snapdragon. The Tegra 250 has a Dual-core 1 Ghz Arm Cortex A9 processor, and it has a GPU that kicks the pants off any other mobile platform.

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Sounds liek a great phone (12MP camera with xenon flash, 1024x768 SAMOLED etc. would be nice though).However, can we get a phone like this with official support for two mobile OS's? Such as both Android and Symbian?I've had my eyes on Symbian, but there's only a couple nice Symbian phones I'd get.How about off contract prices? Sure, buying a phone off contract is stupidly expensive, but contracts are something some of us refuse to sign.[/citation]
Dude... read the article.. 8MP camera with dual LEDs.

I'm waiting until they release the new iPhone, then see what the competition does and THEN I'll put down my hard-earned money. May the best phone win, whether it be Apple or Android or WP7. I'll buy whatever I think suits my needs.

nmeofdst8

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
[citation][nom]yao[/nom]Does ATT has any android phone? ATT has the best signal in my area, switching to Verison can be troublesome to me.[/citation]
You can get a Nexus One AT&T compatible from www.google.com/phone and AT&T is coming out with Android offerings.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]DAMN IT HTC, WHERE'S MY TEGRA!!!HTC has been doing a great job designing all these Android phones, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the Qualcomm Snapdragon. The Tegra 250 has a Dual-core 1 Ghz Arm Cortex A9 processor, and it has a GPU that kicks the pants off any other mobile platform.[/citation]

Forget kicking, I think it would be more likely to burn the pants off of you with those supposed specs....

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]DAMN IT HTC, WHERE'S MY TEGRA!!!HTC has been doing a great job designing all these Android phones, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the Qualcomm Snapdragon. The Tegra 250 has a Dual-core 1 Ghz Arm Cortex A9 processor, and it has a GPU that kicks the pants off any other mobile platform.[/citation]My next phone will be a Tegra 2 or better. No exceptions. I need an actual phone capable of modern gaming.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Drool... If the typing on this thing is any good I am probably going to bail out on my blackberry as soon as I can re-up my contract. I am happy with blackberry but the camera has gone from excellent to total crap since there is a dust leak somewhere in the phone and I don't want the hassle of trying to get it replaced. That, and the screen on the Incredible is just magical.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I'm waiting for the HTC from sprint, the one with the 8 megapixel camera and the 1.4mp front facing camera for vid conference and the HDMI output. HTC makes some crazy phones. they really should jump in on the slate bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.