HTC Evo 4g (Bell Canada)

J Coffey

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
HTCs Evo 4g works on CDMA 800 and 1900 and Bell uses CDMA 850 and 1900. I remember reading that all towers emit both frequencies so the Evo should pick up on the 1900 band right? My Palm Pre is on deaths door and I would be grateful to any quick answers.

In theory it would work- at least at one PCS band. Yet, I would be wary of the fact that you'll only be able to utilize one band. However, does Bell Canada offer the phone? If not, you'll have to bring it into your nearest Bell Canada store and have them activate it, which they may not do. I'd give them a call and see what they have to say first before buying one.

J Coffey

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
So if this phone doesn't work with bell (I will call them to see soon) what phone would you suggest to use that has a large screen? When I'm at work I find myself on my phone a lot, and a huge screen would be perfect for extended periods of reading.

Well, if you can hold out for a bit, it appears as if the iphone 4 is coming to your carrier. If that isn't what you're looking for, the Blackberry Storm (9550) looks good (I'm biased though, as I love Blackberries), the Samsung Omnia, or the HTC Legend would also do in terms of a decent screen size to work with.