HTC Pours $300 Million into Beats by Dre

Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]lol....such a waste....if they really wanted to have some good sound they should have invested in SHURE and BOSE[/citation]
BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
I honestly dont see much point. They could try to integrate a Beats speaker on the phone, but it will still sound like crap because of the size (unless they integrate a gigantic speaker). If they bundled a pair of earbuds with the phone, it would only drive costs for it up the roof, let alone how much the chip & licensing is going to be to begin with with. I think it's stupid, and its just going to drive costs up. Anybody who really cares about their music quality isn't going to go for flash storage anyways, a lot of hardcore music listeners already have their 160GB iPod that works fine.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I'm amazed at how these big companies just throw money around. I guess having too much money makes people waste it.

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
To be honest how many people actually store there music in a lossless format on an ipod, mobile phone or other player??
The vast majority of kids download and listen to substandad mp3's all day long.
It isnt until you hook your phone upto a decent sound system that you find out how bad the quality is.
No matter how good the sound chip or earphones are you cant make the quality of the sound better from a low quality source.
As the saying goes "You CANT polish a turd"!!!!

Trialsrider

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
Ridiculous waste of money if these go out of fashion before HTC can capitalize on the name recognition. The beats headphones don't even have specifications on their website. Purely image over substance at an insane price point. If you want good sound look at AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Koss or any of the other manufacturers of professional headphones.

Soon enough fashion will turn and these things will disappear and we won't have to see idiots walking around with "fashion audio" headphones on their necks.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]lol....such a waste....if they really wanted to have some good sound they should have invested in SHURE and BOSE[/citation]

Bose, are you kidding me. They are the trash of the audio industry. SURE makes a somewhat higher level headphone but if are really are interested in sound quality there are other options there as well and lets not even go into over the ear options. AKG, Beyerdynamic, Sennhieser and many more are amazing at what they do. Especially AKG, ridiculously accurate and clean sounding headphones.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Trialsrider[/nom]Ridiculous waste of money if these go out of fashion before HTC can capitalize on the name recognition. The beats headphones don't even have specifications on their website. Purely image over substance at an insane price point. If you want good sound look at AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Koss or any of the other manufacturers of professional headphones. Soon enough fashion will turn and these things will disappear and we won't have to see idiots walking around with "fashion audio" headphones on their necks.[/citation]

Exactly, Grado's are legendary as well.

G

I always thought Sennheiser and AKG were the kings of the headphone game?

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Hectors_Jam[/nom]I always thought Sennheiser and AKG were the kings of the headphone game?[/citation]

They pretty much are, there are a few others that compete well with them on the high end though but they all have different sound characteristics. AKG's are really clean, and accurate, Senn's can get a little boomy with some artificial base they add but they are also detailed but not as accurate as the AKG's. Just depends on preference.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

Bose is trash. Shure though is solid. I think Westone has taken the in-ear-lead though, with their 4 driver, in ear monitors.

aion_w

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Shure or Sennheiser are some good old audio company, what we new generations want is something modern a different taste and im not saying Beats are great..there are no great products only "good" so give them a try and comment here again and hey! HTC such a mobile manufacturer would be the first company teaming up with a audio company? or am I wrong?

G

There have been other phones coupled up with other music brands..

Sony Ericsson had Walkman phones in 2006 in the top spots at ATT retailers, then what? iPhones?

Status
Not open for further replies.