HTC Sues Apple Back Over Patent Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]gMcizzLe[/nom]Everyone who has an HTC phone better lock their doors...[/citation]

I live in GA, and I own a lot of guns...If someone wants to get shot over a phone, they can be my guest.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Don't bother counting. Though it seems like as if Apple are under quite a bit of pressure. Multiple lawsuits slam, including the double-whammy of anti-trust analprobe, seems like as if Jobs may need a new liver transplant from the stress he may be under.

Oh wait, he's god so never mind.

G

Well this might be one way to hurt their hardware sales, but this is not the silver bullet to hit Apple where it hurts. If companies like Dell, HP, etc want to start messing with Apple they need to start shipping "OSX" ready laptops and desktops to bring Apple into a hardware price war. Ship with with Linux or something just "OSX" ready. Somehow at the 500 price point everyone can afford a computer, multiply the OSX user base by 100 in a really short time, it would cause some problems. Granted, this might upset Microsoft, turn a lot more people on to iTunes etc, but at least it may make Apple a little more builder friendly.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Silly Apple, Patents are meant to be used as shields against other companies, your only supposed to go after the competition if you can't stay in the business because of the violations against your patents, prior art will kick your ass Apple; believe it or not! corners could be rounded before Apple.

1984 is here and Jobs is on the projector.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hey, look! HTC's patents actually hold water. Unlike Apple's "GUI for mobile devices" and "underclocking for mobile devices" patents. Just by adding "for mobile devices" doesn't mean you invented the darn thing!

G

suing a company who has been making smartphones longer then you just didn't seem like a good idea to me

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
What Apple is doing is a clear case of corporate strong-arm tactics, I'm glad HTC is counter suing. Think about it, why isn't Apple suing Google directly? Or all the other android phone makers? They just want to take down the most innovative one.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I say this while typing it on a macbook pro: Jobs is a lunatic. He is completely out of his mind. He needs to eat some freakin meat so his biochemical responses in his brain can start firing right.. but that ship sailed decades ago.. At any rate, Jobs is the entire reason this is going on. He is just spiteful at this point, probably sees this as a way to stop the one thing he couldnt in the early 80's with microsoft. Simply put, "Over compensating" -- Jobs feels he invented the "Smartphone" and as such, doesnt want a Microsoft like situation all over again. In closing, never try to predict a lunatic, you'll fail. Maybe he'll get ousted again when the legal fees mount to high for share holders, or they get nailed on a BIG patent problem themselves cause of Job's attack on everyone.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Fictitious1[/nom]Well this might be one way to hurt their hardware sales, but this is not the silver bullet to hit Apple where it hurts. If companies like Dell, HP, etc want to start messing with Apple they need to start shipping "OSX" ready laptops and desktops to bring Apple into a hardware price war. Ship with with Linux or something just "OSX" ready. Somehow at the 500 price point everyone can afford a computer, multiply the OSX user base by 100 in a really short time, it would cause some problems. Granted, this might upset Microsoft, turn a lot more people on to iTunes etc, but at least it may make Apple a little more builder friendly.[/citation]
Yeah... that would just cause Dell and HP to get sued... and Apple would easily win that one.

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I'm waiting to see what the other H does. HP, with their newly beefed-up patent portfolio... there's gotta be a few that Apple infringed upon in there, right?

When and if HP joins the party, I'll have my finger ready to pop that bubbly AAPL stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.